2020 Stihl MS 661 R C-M Chainsaw
2020 Stihl® Professional Saws MS 661 R C-M
For greater maneuverability when felling large trees, turn to the impressive performance of the MS 661 R C-M. Its wrap-around handle also provides greater operator comfort when cutting. Just like the MS 661 C-M, the saw includes STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management technology and delivers less vibration and 20% greater fuel efficiency than the MS 660. Other features include long-life filter system using HD-2 filter elements to provide longer run times between maintenance, an ElastoStart™ handle and a high output adjustable oiler. (Wrap-handle version is available in select areas only).
Features may include:
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
- The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Wrap Handle (R)
- Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- This product features M-Tronic™ (M) - a new generation of Intelligent Engine Management that eliminates the low and high speed carburetor adjustment screws, compensates for dirty air filter and changes in elevation and fuel quality for optimum engine power at all times.
- The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
Adjustable Automatic Oiler
- The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
Side-Access Chain Tensioner
- The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.