2020 Stihl FS 70 R
2020 Stihl® Professional Trimmers FS 70 R
As a professional, your time is valuable. The STIHL FS 70 R grass trimmer understands that. It features a powerful and fuel-efficient engine, which means longer run times and fewer refuels. The FS 70 R is also powerful (more powerful than the FS 56 RC-E) and makes quick work of your daily landscaping tasks. Need more line? Just tap the cutting head on the ground and watch as its AutoCut® head automatically feeds out new line. The trimmer is also built to last, featuring a durable cable drive shaft, a high-durability, forged connecting rod and a 4-bearing gearbox. And it’s all backed by a rock-solid two-year limited warranty.
Features may include:
Shoulder Strap / Carrying System
- Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
Simplified Starting Procedure
- To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start” setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you’re ready to get back to work.
Adjustable Front Handle
Fully Lined Drive Shaft
- Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
High Tech Polymer Housing
- Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
Protected Choke Lever/Knob
Throttle Trigger Interlock
- Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
Air Filter Cover
- Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
Protected or Enclosed Control Cables
- Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch
- Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
Protected Spark Plug
- Protected yet easy to change.
Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler
- Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
Upright Translucent Fuel Tank
- Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
Purge Pump Primer
- By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
Cutting Heads & Blades Selection Chart
- Need help selecting a cutting head or blade for your STIHL trimmer or brushcutter?
Multi-Function Control Handle
- Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
Built in the USA
- Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
- The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Loop Handle (R)
- Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.